Advise breeding plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markusroberts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've added a trio of bn plecos to my aquarium with the hope they will breed, I had male in since it was cycled he's 5 inches and the ones I got today are 3inch I love these fish one of my favourite, how long would you think it would take for them to start spawning, I have plenty of caves and also have driftwood in my aquarium any help would be good thank you

This is a stupid question but are you sure you have a female. If you do Bn plecos like temperature between 75 and 80 F. Plecos are very picky about there mates. They won't breed unless they like each other and they also won't breed if they feel there tank is too small. I have a male and a female albino Bn pleco in my 29 and they don't ever hide in the same spot together so I think they don't like each other.

Plecos breed in caves. It needs to be just big enough for the female and male to get in. Usually the male will block the entrance to the cave when they mate

Back
Top Bottom