African Butterfly Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
I have been doing reasearch on the African butterfly cichlid (Anomalochromis thomasi) and most of the sites I saw said that they were ok in peaceful communities. Just curious if any of you have experience with this particular cichlid and whether or not you agree.

Hi! Did you get any more info about them? I'm asking because I recently saw them in my LFS and instantly fell in love with them and I really want to know whether I can have one or not!

Not really. I was told that one member on here has kept them in communities, but I was unable to ever contact her and get any specifics about her set-up or its long term success.

Lol guys, I listed the latin name in my first post so there wouldn't be any confusions. When I posted this, I was referring to Anomalochromis thomasi. It is commonly called the African butterfly cichlid.
@Jpchin, its the first link you posted. I have researched it before, but I have had a hard time finding good info about keeping them in a community. Most sites will just say generic things like, "works with peaceful tankmates." But, not everybod'y ideas of peaceful tankmates are the same and I have certainly seen recommended for "peaceful tankmates" that I would never dream of putting in with tetras in a community. So, I was hunting for some personal experience. Thanks for looking it up and posting the link though.
@senemedar, no, the fish you are looking at is not a cichlid. No worries though. That fish is a bit easier to find info on and I think a few people on here keep them, so you can always try starting a thread about it and seeing what people have to say. I suggest you include the latin name to avoid confusion. :)

Back
Top Bottom