African Butterfly Fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a female ABF I don't get outta school till 430 and that's when all the pet stores close. So my question is can I feed baby farm raised crickets to my ABF if not what could I feed it???

I've never kept African Butterfly fish, but I do know they prefer live foods, at least initially. Like most fish, you can slowly wean them off by mixing other foods in with the live.

I think you're okay feeding the crickets. They are surface dwellers so whatever you feed will need to float or sink very slowly.

David

I've heard of people feeding them crickets. Mine likes some frozen foods like bloodworms. I prepare the worms for the apistos in the tank but he likes to swoop down and grab a mouthful! He also loves floating cichlids pellets. I work at petco and the ones there always respond to eating the pellets if not anything else.

Thnx I feed them freeze dried shrimp but I've been thinking about feeding them live food but in scared to cuz I just recently bought 2 fire bellied newts and one of them got ate

Back
Top Bottom