african chichlids dying 1 by 1 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Giving me advice is one thing, but being a smartass and pointing the obvious out like he did pisses me off. Internet warriors who wouldnt otherwise act like that in my face piss me the hell off !!

I doubt you would act like this in person. Some people may come across in a mean way but they mean well on hear. And honestly, forgive me for saying it, if you say you want to flush fish you come across as needing some stern guidance.

And I'm one of those people who is nicer online. I would probably be more rude in person. I think you're the opposite.

Again, no offense intended.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

And also, no need to get mad and feel a need to defend yourself. You said it yourself, you don't know a lot about African Cichla. So its ok to make mistakes.

I guess our advice comes across in odd ways.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

There are so many different kind of mixed species in african cichlids its kind hard to find what exactly some of them are.

Hell only 2 people in this thread have mentioned the names of the fish i have.. Of course i looked on google, its like discus almost there are so many of them you cant figure out what some of them are anymore,

I dont like smartass's btw so i'd appritiate you keep those kinds of comments to yourself before i blow up on you. Thanks

Hybrids will most likely not end up at a LFS besides an OB. Where I am from, hybrids are kept true to the hobby so the species doesn't get leaked out and cause contamination problems. With that being said, the fish you are finding in the "mixed African" tank are all fish that you can look up on google.

The fish you are seeing are mostly spread into two different divisions
Peacocks
And mbuna

Peacocks have a shorter body. If you've seen one, you will notice they all have the same body type. They are "less aggressive" and you can "overstock" your tank

Mbuna have an elongated body. These fish are more aggressive and are to be treated as such. The fish you have in your tank are mbuna. They need rocks and planted areas to develop territories much like new world cichlids. Although you can "overstock" your tank with Africans, it is in your best interest to take caution with mbuna and treat them like new world cichlids (but not quite as intense but still detrimental) when they are fully grown.

Of course, I use parenthesis around certain stereotypes because it is incorrect to label a Cichlid a certain way. Each fish may act different in different tanks and different situations so it is unfair to the reader to take everything said literally. These are living creatures, and in the aspect of Darwinism anything is in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Must admit I've been following as I can barely recognise any cichlids at all and wouldn't know old world from new world very well at all. Hope it works out for the OP. My sisters tank struggles. I can't figure out why although the high heat there doesn't help. Seems to take so little to send a tank off sometimes (or the buggers just clean jump out :( ).

Back
Top Bottom