African Cichlid Pros HERE! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryanm70

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just discovered a clutch of eggs in my Blue-Gold African Cichlid's mouth who I originally thought was a male, but turns out I was wrong. I have one other blue-gold which I suspect is a female, two female blue-faced OB peacocks, and one male blue-faced OB peacock in a tank. I've noticed the female chasing off all the other fish so I'm confused as to who the father is. What behavior can I expect from the father? These cichlids are young and inexperienced and have never held before. Is it possible the eggs are unfertilized? If so, how do I distinguish that from fertilized eggs? Thanks in advance.

The father will be around the most and near here. If she get attacked he will attack that fish the father of mine protects my holding one its pretty cool to watch! I think they will get rid of the unfertilized eggs and swallow them but i don't know if this is true or not.

That's the thing. I don't see the male acting aggressively towards any of the other fish. Before I noticed my female with eggs, he used to chase all the fish and now he just keeps away from the female even though he doesn't get chased by her nearly as much as the other fish do. I'm confused :huh:

Back
Top Bottom