African dwarf frog is a wimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisonbauer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have has this African dwarf frog for 2 days now. I am slightly worried about it because it is relatively small and just hides all the time. I haven't seen it eat yet but I haven't seen much of it at all. When it comes out for air it seems to go half way to the surface before retreating to the ground because a platy swims by. The platy aren't that big either atm. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this uncharacteristic behaviour

I have has this African dwarf frog for 2 days now. I am slightly worried about it because it is relatively small and just hides all the time. I haven't seen it eat yet but I haven't seen much of it at all. When it comes out for air it seems to go half way to the surface before retreating to the ground because a platy swims by. The platy aren't that big either atm. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this uncharacteristic behaviour

Adf tend to take a wile to get used to there environment he well start acting less skittish soon

you are going to have to teach him to not fear you, and you are going to have to spot feed it frog food and frozen foods. having platies in the tank, the frog won't have a very good chance of getting food. do you have a quarantine tank? i would suggest putting it in a separate tank and get it to start eating

you are going to have to teach him to not fear you, and you are going to have to spot feed it frog food and frozen foods. having platies in the tank, the frog won't have a very good chance of getting food. do you have a quarantine tank? i would suggest putting it in a separate tank and get it to start eating

I got some frozen food today which is defrosting as I write this. I am going to hand feed him with a skewer for a bit. Thanks for the tips all

All mine were the same. Now one floats around and on top of the water all the time even with a male betta swimming around. All get on great

Back
Top Bottom