African Dwarf Frog Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCahoone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 African Dwarf frogs. One of my dwarf frogs is looking very skinny. It has me very worried. The other looks fine. Also I would like to change their tank because t is very small( less than a gallon) and I am not sure what kind of water to use. The directions say to use spring water but I just want to be sure because of the one that looks unhealthy. Also how often should I feed them. The directions say every three or four days so I have been feeding them every Mon and Thurs but some of the sites say i should feed them every other day. I have had them for about three months and I do believe they have been fine and I dont want anything to happen to them. Any assistance would be Greatly appreciated.

im changing them in to the spring water because i am worried about them staying in the dirty water.

Any aquatic creature needs clean water in order to survive. That means you either need to have them in a tank with a running, cycled filter, or else you need to be VERY regular about doing partial water changes. If you don't have them in a cycled tank, then how often you do PWC's (partial water changes) depends upon the size of the tank. In something as small as a 1 gallon, you probably should be doing 25% PWC's every day.

You really need to get them a larger tank. 1 gallon is too tiny for one, let alone two!

Regarding water, there is no reason to buy mineral water. You can use tap water for your frogs, as long as you first treat it with a commercial dechlorinator. Any pet store near you will carry dechlorinators. My own opinion is the highest quality one out there is Seachem Prime but other brands would work too.

I've never owned ADF's so I can't speak directly about frequency of feeding. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that question.

Thanks. I used some aquafresh or something with a name with aqua in it. Thanks for the info about how often to do the partial changes. I will do it every day. They are in a slightly bigger tanks. I put them in two different tanks for now. I am thinking the reason that Scott is so skinny is that Josh was stealing his food, so hopefully that will help. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom