african dwarf frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the first picture is the one gal filter.... its the tetra whisper.... it has a criss cross design on the bottom of the long tube and i never had a prob with my betta with that one and the 2nd picture is the filter for the 5 gal... he sits under it and behind it all the time and never gets his fins or himself sucked into it... its a mini might that came with the hawkeye 5 gal kit i bought at walmart...

Attachments

• 100_0816.jpg
    100_0816.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0817.jpg
    100_0817.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 51
Ok the first one is the tetra for 1-3 gal tanks. It's not a power filter, it's hooked up to an air pump. It's an internal air driven filter, the same way a sponge filter is. The second one is an internal power filter. I've never seen a betta get sucked into any type of filter so that's definitely not a concern.

I would be, since I have had them get caught and die from a power filter. I recommend sponge filters only for them. They could potentially get a limb badly caught in the filters intake and drown.

would this filter be ok for the ADFs or do u have any filter suggestions for a 5 gal filter if im using the tank specifically for ADFs only???

Attachments

• marinainternalfilter.jpg
    marinainternalfilter.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 44
That's just another version of the filter you already have. I recommend sponge filters for them. If you aren't sure what those look like, here's an example: Foam Aquarium Biological Filters: Oxygen Plus Bio-Filter 9. The filter is hooked up to an air pump, just like that little tetra whisper you have, so if you don't have an air pump for it, you'd need a small one of those as well.

Back
Top Bottom