African Dwarf Frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KittyKat013

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've read in some places that you can't keep these little buggars in a sand tank. But, I've also read that you can. Anyone know what the answer is? Also, can you keep them with Cory and Guppies? (I know they will eat the guppy fry, but the fry go in their own tank.) Oh, the tank size is 10 gallons...

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

i currently have 2 ADFs in a 10 gal with black gravel...i have read everywhere that they should not be placed in a sand tank...i assume it is because they tend to eat off the substrate...i was going to put sand in my 10 gal but decided not to...

i have 4 mollies in the tank, 3 silver and 1 black...they seem to be doing just fine together....

ADFs are very fun to watch...mine are constantly going back and forth, darting up to the surface then darting back down...i love those little buggers...I wanna get more...maybe 2 albinos now...

I liked them a lot, when I had them. I wasn't sure if I can put them in the 10 gallon or if I'd have to get a smaller tank. I was thinking of putting them in my fry tank, but, then quickly decided against it when reading that they eat fry. Thanks for responding

You can keep ADF's in a sand tank. I'm seen it before at my lfs. Whenever they get in a shipment of ADF's they always put them in a sand tank. I also have two adult ADF's (one male and one female) in my ten gallon with 5 pygmy cories and the frogs don't bother the cories which are all around one inch long.

Lance M. said:
You can keep ADF's in a sand tank. I'm seen it before at my lfs. Whenever they get in a shipment of ADF's they always put them in a sand tank. I also have two adult ADF's (one male and one female) in my ten gallon with 5 pygmy cories and the frogs don't bother the cories which are all around one inch long.

Thank you as my next question was going to be weather or not they'd be okay with cory. I'll go and get one or two within the next few days. :)

Back
Top Bottom