Africans and veggies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all I feed my cichlids veggie flakes and NLS Thera A but see lots o people putting cukes and zucchini and romaine Do I need to? I tried a lil frozen spinach and they took it in and spit it out. I took it out.

No you don't have to, a lot of members here feed peas. I started feeding omega one seaweed and pretty much stoped feeding veggies. I still once a month throw in some peas.

I feed mine red leaf lettuce once in a while. Not sure of its nutritional value but they love it.

The store I worked at fed Zucchini and Romaine and Peas. Fresh, organic Veggies are great for the fish, ours loved chomping on them.

You can lightly blanch or freeze fresh veggies to soften them. I used a veggie clip to hold the food so they could grab it easier.

Shell frozen/defrosted green peas and split the pea and lightly crush in your fingers.

I blanch then cut up cucumbers to a size where the cichlids can fit it in their mouth they love them ( make sure to remove the seeds and blanch the cucumber for about 30 sec to a min)

Back
Top Bottom