Aggression help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenema

Aquarium Advice Activist
So a while back I set up my first tank, unfortunately I decided to listen to a petsmart employee. Long story short, I now have a 10 gallon with 3 zebra danios, a female guppy, and a male betta. They were all getting along fine for months and now my zebra danios have gotten aggressive. The chase each other constantly, they go after my guppy, and they fin nip my betta. I have been trying to find them a new home but it's not working out. Is there anything I can do??

Would your lfs take them back? I had guppies in with my betta an that didn't go well I had to separate them within 24 hrs, I was lucky I had another tank when I had my danios but I agree they can be quiet nippy

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got them at petsmart months ago so no. But I just got the okay to bring them tomorrow to the person who said they would take them. Unfortunately all I have is a 1/2 gallon container and a one gallons container. I didn't want to put any in there for too long. My poor betta is so easy going, he just swims away from them and will hide if they get bad. He's never shown aggression. I hope he doesn't start because of this.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I doubt your betta will become aggressive because he's been harassed by the danios. In fact, he'll probably be extremely relieved to have them gone! They each have their own personality, and it sounds like it's just his way to be easy going. You got lucky!

I'm sure he will be relieved. I really got lucky with him. I actually had a dwarf gourami with him until it got stuck in a fake plants overnight and died. They would hang out right next to each other for long periods of time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom