Aggressive 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do you think? 29 gallon tank
1 apistogramma
1 German blue ram
1 dwarf gourami
1 anglefish
1 swordtail
5 Black phantom tetras
4 green laser Cory's
2 bumble bee gobys?
Don't say how overstocked I am, I am simply wondering if they can live together

Take the dwarf gourami, swordtail and bumble bee gobies out of the mix, and you'll have a South American tank. Parameter wise, the gobies require slightly brackish water.

David

DavidAl said:
Take the dwarf gourami, swordtail and bumble bee gobies out of the mix, and you'll have a South American tank. Parameter wise, the gobies require slightly brackish water.

David

+1, some of your fish won't tolerate brackish water very well and swordtails like groups, swords aren't schooling or shoaling but they are pretty social fish, also I hear that angels and gouramis tend to have issues

I agree with David, although IMO I don't think the angle fish and GBR should be in there either. The angle fish will need a tall tank, and with those fish I would do a tall tank f you want an angle.
German Blue Rams are also a dwarf cichlid, so they aren't very aggressive.

So with that, you would have

1 Apistogramma
5 Black Phantom Tetras
4 Green Laser Corys

Since GBRs and Corys are all bottom dwellers, during spawning time, the rams would attack the corys.

There is only one ram, so spawning aggressive behavior is not an issue. Since you do have schooling fish, it will bring out a nice personality in your gbr, and it won't be aggressive. Mine is in a 29 with a school of black skirts, and it actually schools with them! Pretty funny, almost like it thinks it is a tetra.

creic38 said:
There is only one ram, so spawning aggressive behavior is not an issue. Since you do have schooling fish, it will bring out a nice personality in your gbr, and it won't be aggressive. Mine is in a 29 with a school of black skirts, and it actually schools with them! Pretty funny, almost like it thinks it is a tetra.

Mine hangs out with my loaches. Lol

Oh LOL! I can't wait to get my ram. I am no expert, thanks for the correct info!! :thanks:

No problem! My GBR is my favorite fish by far. I knew from the day I bought him he was going to be awesome. Of the few that were in the tank at the lfs, this guy came right to the front of the tank and looked straight at me. There was no hesitation with the purchase. He still comes to the front of the tank when i stand in front of it. And doesn't bother anyone.....he even leaves my shrimp and tiny endler alone. You will love the GBR when you get it, guaranteed!

Back
Top Bottom