Aggressive Blue Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

md93r1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I recently added an Angel Fish to my aquarium, and one of my inhabitants, a Blue Gourami is starting to chase the Angel, I worry that this wont resolve and the Angel will be stressed.

My 46 gallon bowfront tank currently contains the following:
1 Blue Gourami
1 Zebra Angel
2 Black Skirt Tetras
2 Marbled Headstanders
1 Crayfish

The crayfish is actually quite peaceful and doesnt seem to bother anyone, the Gourami is now aggressive towards the newly added Angel, while it was itself occasionally harassed by one of the marbled headstanders which seemed to hate everyone equally. I wont be adding any more fish, but would like to keep the Angel. Any ideas on how to break up this fighting? Will this resolve on its own?

If I have to, I can move someone to a 20 gallon tank which I have empty.

Thanks!

Do you have tall plants and lots of different territories within the tank? If you haven’t tried that I would add some tall Italian val or something to see if breaking up sight lines helps.

Thank you for your response, I dont have a lot of tall plants or hidden areas. I will try to add some to break up the sight lines.

When you have one of a kind rather than a school, the lone fish gets stressed. Most all fish do better in groups. In other words, get several angels or several gouramis - not one of each. Also, up you school of tetras to at least 6

Back
Top Bottom