aggressive dwarf gourami?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am acclimating 7 small harlequin rasboras they are in the bag they came in floating in my 20 gallon, and my dwarf gourami tried to nip at them while they are in the bag!???? should i be worried? my tank has a lot of hiding places and plants..

Not really. The rasboras are much quicker than the gourami. Once they're swimming the DG will figure out pretty quick that it is a waste of time and energy to chase. I would recommend QTing, but.... it should be fine as far as aggression goes.

Not really. The rasboras are much quicker than the gourami. Once they're swimming the DG will figure out pretty quick that it is a waste of time and energy to chase. I would recommend QTing, but.... it should be fine as far as aggression goes.

I wish i had a QT tank!!!! i would!

You'll probably find that your Dwarf Gourami will be aggressive with just about anything placed in the tank, short of a bottom feeder or algae eater. They are territorial and in a 20 gal they will claim the whole tank as "theirs".

Heck, in my 55 gal mine claimed the tank as his. HN1 is correct though. Facing quicker fishes they will get tired of chasing after a half day or so. Sulk for a bit. Then return to normal behavior.

I was exactly worried about this when my angel started to nip at my bag full of pristella tetras. At first my angel started to herd them in a corner and nip them when they got out of place, but gradually he/she got used to them and left them alone.

Back
Top Bottom