Aggressive electric blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dstubbs123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, we recently got some new acquisitions to our tank, which led to a breakout of Ich. We are treating the ich through fish medicine and raising the tank temp. Unfortunately I found both of our new tuxedo platys dead today, :( neither of which had shown signs of Ich. Now our electric blue ram is acting really aggressively towards our two dwarf gouramis. I can't help wondering if the tuxedos had become victim to the ram's aggression?

I have no idea what's going on in our tank, especially since the water is really well balanced at the minute.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

D xxx

hmmm i think it may have been your ram that killed them, :/ platies are stupid really , so i wouldnt be suprised. how many rams do you have ?

Just the one, I'm really worried as I don't want any more dead fish, I've grown stupidly attached to them!

hmmmm righty oh, probably is becoming very territorial and is being unnerved by the lack of its own species :( only way to solve its own issues is to make the whole tank his ,
i mean if you have a quarantine tank put him in there. But i know its alot to ask, its a bit stupid that the people who sold it to you sold it by itself :/.
at the aquarium i work we keep them in 10s :)
its a cichlid, thats the same as a angelfish or discus. they like to be in a big groups. a good solution maybe to put a mirror on the outside of the tank it may make it feel more secure

Back
Top Bottom