Aggressive Mollies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added a male Molly to my tank to live with my 2 female Mollies. I had read that you should keep a 2 female to 1 male ratio with them. Since I added him, the 2 female mollies are becoming more and more aggressive with each other. Is this normal behavior for them?

That seems a little weird to me. I have a male and female in my 20 gallon and they've never shown any aggression

That seems a little weird to me. I have a male and female in my 20 gallon and they've never shown any aggression

I have a male and 2 females.

I just noticed its one of the females, not both of them. She seems to wanna chase ALL the other fish now.

That's weird. Mollies aren't really known for that sort of behavior. I don't know much about Mollie pregnancies but maybe she's pregnant. That could explain her aggressiveness.

That's weird. Mollies aren't really known for that sort of behavior. I don't know much about Mollie pregnancies but maybe she's pregnant. That could explain her aggressiveness.

I was wondering that. She is a BIG fish but I dont know how to tell.

Hello,

They might be pregnant. My white and orange molly (Both female) are developing bumps, with these bumps their aggression has increased. Keep an eye on their bellies over the next week or so.

Back
Top Bottom