Aggressive swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottermus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Swordtail has become very aggressive towards other fish bigger than himself since his fellow swordtail died! Would getting an additional swordtail or two calm him down again.... Any ideas people?

Is it a male or female sword ?

If its a male get a few females that should keep his aggression down.

Every fish is different however my male sword shows some aggression towards the dwarf gouramis and platys he was in with one female sword when I added a a few more females he calmed right down, still has a fly go at the gouramis but nothing major now.

He's a male and he's forever chasing the tiger barbs and guarami!

My female swordtail killed my gourami a while ago, and a female swordtail some days ago.
Now in the new 47 gallon she didnt bother any new fish in my tank, the old one was 15 gallon.

Ottermus said:
He's a male and he's forever chasing the tiger barbs and guarami!

If you have the room in your tank adding a few females may calm him down, worked fine for me.

my male swordtail always picked fights with my rainbow shark(and won,my sharks a wimp),even when my shark was bigger. didnt stop until my cray "took care of him",maybe he just doesnt like your barbs and gourami

Back
Top Bottom