Aggressive Top Feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MugWar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 60G tank with:
1 Blue Crayfish
3 Mbuna Cichlids
2 CAE
1 Senegal Bichir

I was wondering if anyone knew of a top feeder that is colourful, quick, semi-aggressive to aggressive, and gets to be somewhere between 2-3 inches.

The top of my tank seems a little empty with nothing swiming around up there. Thanks for the ideas :D

I don't know about aggressive, but hatchetfish are quick, and stay at the top of the tank. Two inches, and there's three common types. That's what I'd say. Not too colorful, though.

If you want colorful, there's always killifish, but they're not quick, or very aggressive. If they went down they'd be really great snacks for the crayfish..

I was trying to think of something that would be able to hold its own for the most part.... ideally they would breed and grow fast enough that they could be a steady food source. but my dream is to one day have a complete ecosystem going in a tank, I think that would be awesome.

i have 3 golden wonder killies about 3 inches with a 10 inch bichrir and have no problems they move quick and are yellow with red

I want to disagree with the hatchetfish suggestion--they're very, very docile, and mine are slow-moving. I'm afraid they would get eaten alive (literally!) by your other fish.

Back
Top Bottom