Aiptasia or Featherduster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_sass72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I found 2 growths on a piece of LR in my tank. I bought the LR to cycle it. Anyways, I have had some green stuff growing (circle shapes outer circle dark green, inner lighter green). But, then I noticed today a lighter white maybe light tan ... i am leaning more towards dirty white. From the side it has a stem, less than 1/4 an inch so far with fingers to the top, tiny ones. Now if I look from the top more, it has a circle in the center ... appears to be a hole maybe? Then the tiny fingers going around the entire outer circle ... however they are very tiny.

Any ideas .. I've looked a aiptasia, and thought maybe ... and the featherdusters I figured maybe too because it has like a tree trunk, or stem.

I have a Canon A520 dig. camera. I haven't figured out how to take any good pictures of the aquarium with it. Any ideas? I'd love to take a few shots to show in stead of me trying to describe it.

Thanks!

Sas

You can test it to find out. A tubeworm/featherduster will retract very quickly if distubed. Aptasia won't retract but will shrivel up.

I went back to look at the growth, trying to figure out what it is. I noticed I have 2 critters on the LR. They are fast moving little guys. At first glance I thought they had a green tint to them, but I think it's more of a gray with dark grey. I can't tell what kind of legs they have, and I was going to go to bed next! Yeah, more lookin to find!

I will test to see if featherduster/aiptasia, and thank you!

Fluff in my excitement of finding a moving critter I forgot something important.

Thanks for the help so quickly tonight!!!

Sas

Fluff, I am glad to have some good news :) Thanks!!! They are amusing little things. I told my dh and he shot out of bed like lightning to see!

Sass

lol Cool. So long as you didn't point out my spelling errors. I think it's time for bed. :D

LOL :) Yeah it's time for bed! I found one more, he's a quite a bit bigger, and just as fast! Good Night!

Sass

Back
Top Bottom