Air Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drbrown214

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone. My Reef Tank has been set up for over a year now. I am a little confused thought right now. It has been completely cycled and since about 2 days I have nothing but micro airbubbles all over my tank. I am not too sure where they come from and they make my tank look nasty.

Do you have a sump? Is the water getting low and the return pump picking up air?

I have checked everything and i dont see anywhere where air could be being pulled from...

Have you checked your power heads? Sometimes they can be sucking in air from a little cyclone and put out micro bubbles as well

I have a feeling it is coming from my H.O.T filter but dont see how it could be pulling air

A year into the tank it's still going through a cycle. This is normal. Just give it time and the bubbles will stop. When mine went through this cycle I used a turkey baseter to keep the air bubbles out of sight.

do not feel bad im at a year as well and i started to noticed some air bubbles on my lr recently i think what is happening is my hob filtet overflow is close to m powerhead so the bubble created buy the filter get sucked and then blown over my tank by my ph

Back
Top Bottom