Air Pump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to have a bubble wall in my ninety gallon tank but am wondering if I need a 90 gallon air pump to run it or if I can get a lower gallonage for just running the bubble wall.
Thanks

I want to have a bubble wall in my ninety gallon tank but am wondering if I need a 90 gallon air pump to run it or if I can get a lower gallonage for just running the bubble wall.
Thanks
Most air pumps say what size bubble wand/stone they are equipped to run. So if you wanted lotsa bubbles, I would say to get several large pumps and get the wands/stones that can be run by the large pumps. Just look on the pump box to see what size airstone it can run.

Hope I helped!

phoenixkiller said:
Most air pumps say what size bubble wand/stone they are equipped to run. So if you wanted lotsa bubbles, I would say to get several large pumps and get the wands/stones that can be run by the large pumps. Just look on the pump box to see what size airstone it can run.

Hope I helped!

Most I have seen just have a recommended tank size and water depth. Usually it doesn't matter what size airstone it is pushing air into. It's the depth of the water that matters.

Most I have seen just have a recommended tank size and water depth. Usually it doesn't matter what size airstone it is pushing air into. It's the depth of the water that matters.
That too. It's just I was giving the OP an idea of what was needed. The instructions on the box should tell you what you could do.

Back
Top Bottom