Air Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I have seen quite a lot of aquariums with air pumps in them, which I think look good having the bubble stream.
Are they a god idea? do they help can they cause more problems?
Sorry for all the questions.

I had a look and found this one:

Hydor Ario 2 Air Pump

I have a Fluval Roma 90 litre tank.

Regards
Sam

Thanks mate, you got any suggestions of ones to go for or is the one I linked to look like a good one?

I have 3 different ones from 3 different mfg's and they all work good, so I'd say it's fine. If you have an issue with noise, just put a washcloth under it and you should be golden.

Personally, I want a bubbling volcano, but my GF says no lol.

I have 3 different ones from 3 different mfg's and they all work good, so I'd say it's fine. If you have an issue with noise, just put a washcloth under it and you should be golden.

Personally, I want a bubbling volcano, but my GF says no lol.

Brillant thanks for the advice!

lol I think you should do it!!!! :)

SamT,
This looks like as good as any, appears to be the 'micro-bubble' system.
They normally have a foam filter, be sure to clean this when you do 'pwc'.
I don't keep mine running all the time, in an otherwise quiet room it's actually quite noisy and I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. Would be interesting to hear from you how it goes.

SamT,
This looks like as good as any, appears to be the 'micro-bubble' system.
They normally have a foam filter, be sure to clean this when you do 'pwc'.
I don't keep mine running all the time, in an otherwise quiet room it's actually quite noisy and I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. Would be interesting to hear from you how it goes.

Thanks for the reply mate, I think I will go to the local Garden centre which has a big aquatic section and have a look at them and investigate a bit more,

I will certainly update this when I get one and let you know how it goes :)

Limpet, the wash-cloth idea is okay, but I think this particular device is submersed aerator, so wash-cloth not such a good idea !
Volcano is a must though, get the one with red LED for a really cool effect.

Limpet, the wash-cloth idea is okay, but I think this particular device is submersed aerator, so wash-cloth not such a good idea !
Volcano is a must though, get the one with red LED for a really cool effect.

I couldn't tell if it was an intank pump or not. Mine is outside with an air-stone in the tank.

Oh yeah! Red LED's are a must :D.

Back
Top Bottom