Albino bristlenose pleco fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
I thought I'd share some pictures of my newest batch of ABN pleco fry that I just released into their grow-out tank this morning. I had a heck of a time wrestling them away from big daddy pleco. He had been guarding them for 3 weeks.

Some of the pics are blurry, look for the little whitish blobs in the left-hand corner.

Attachments

• IMG_8194.jpg
    IMG_8194.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8196.jpg
    IMG_8196.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8197.jpg
    IMG_8197.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 62
Sooo cute!!!! I'm a sucker for babies!!! And I can't even get my guppies to do the diddy...

These guys spawn like clockwork. I'm still trying to figure out how to catch some of the babies from previous spawns that I wasn't able to get out of the main tanks before they start spawning too.

They spawn in a cave in my main tanks. I remove the cave after 3 weeks and acclimate the fry, which are still in the cave, into a grow out tank. I was using tubs for growing them out, but after losing 2 batches, I figured the tubs were leaching something that was killing them.

The problem is that prior to them using the caves, they would spawn anywhere they could, so once the fry were free swimming, I had no way to catch them. So now I have a few escapees in my main tanks.

Back
Top Bottom