Albino Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
Iv noticed lately that my albino is getting more aggressive towards all his tank mates when he’s never used to be(has my yellow one hiding a lot). Also noticed that his mouth look like his “teeth” are browning could that be from him pickings the substrate?IMG_2006.jpg

Welcome to the world of keeping African Cichlids. It's a complicated game of trying to maintain balance & harmony with ever changing strategies for aggression management.
Eventually you probably will have to rearrange your hardscape, add new cichlids as to dilute aggression and maybe even re-home extreme troublemakers.
All that being said; It's a lot of fun.

Welcome to the world of keeping African Cichlids. It's a complicated game of trying to maintain balance & harmony with ever changing strategies for aggression management.

Eventually you probably will have to rearrange your hardscape, add new cichlids as to dilute aggression and maybe even re-home extreme troublemakers.

All that being said; It's a lot of fun.

Ya just changed the hardscape few days ago, May regime him as he’s also tryin to eat my kuhli loaches lately too. Got him for a different tank but he was to aggressive for it so figured he would be ok in mine but nope. Current tank he in now had my yellow Cichlid an betta(who were best friends never once fought) then here comes jerk an rehomed betta.

Prepare yourself for regular swapping. The most successful African Cichlid tanks are species only and overstocked. South American and Central American Cichlids are better in low populations and for the most part, not as aggressive.

Prepare yourself for regular swapping. The most successful African Cichlid tanks are species only and overstocked. South American and Central American Cichlids are better in low populations and for the most part, not as aggressive.
+1 I am a believer in African only tanks. I have found that putting a bunch of tall fake plants in both corners gives a good safe space for bullied fish and helps prevent casualties. Tried live plants, but even my anubias eventually got destroyed. I wouldn't ever want one in a planted community tank :)

+1 I am a believer in African only tanks. I have found that putting a bunch of tall fake plants in both corners gives a good safe space for bullied fish and helps prevent casualties. Tried live plants, but even my anubias eventually got destroyed. I wouldn't ever want one in a planted community tank :)

Ya it’s currently just them 2 in the tank(kuhli loaches just burrow into substrate an only come out for food now) but I’m thinking maybe I have 2 males an the albino is establishing dominance maybe??*♂️ idk lol but either way he don’t stop it’s rehomed he goes for a bit

Back
Top Bottom