Albino Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xr3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a 10g tank for a few months now and I've seen a few fish pass and many that look as happy as can be but this is the first tank I got and I'm still very new to this. I currently have two albino Cory and one of them keep just laying on the rocks in the tank and not really moving much until a fish comes by he freaks out and swims away really fast or straight up to the top of the tank and then comes back down.. he still has been eating but I've never seen him act this way.. I am treating for ich and about two days ago the last sign of ich went away and I've been treating it at half the dosage the whole time. Please give me any advice you have

I have had a 10g tank for a few months now and I've seen a few fish pass and many that look as happy as can be but this is the first tank I got and I'm still very new to this. I currently have two albino Cory and one of them keep just laying on the rocks in the tank and not really moving much until a fish comes by he freaks out and swims away really fast or straight up to the top of the tank and then comes back down.. he still has been eating but I've never seen him act this way.. I am treating for ich and about two days ago the last sign of ich went away and I've been treating it at half the dosage the whole time. Please give me any advice you have
Youre 100% positve he had ich before you started the treatment?

Almost all of the fish in the tank had ich besides my adf and the Cory

Also the last sign of ich went away a few days ago so I'm treating the water still half dose to make sure it isn't in the rocks still along with doing water changes every other day

Okay a bit more info here, rate of water changes, how many fish, filtration device, water
Parameters?

Okay a bit more info here, rate of water changes, how many fish, filtration device, water
Parameters?

I have changed the water every two days for the last two weeks doing 40-50% I have there's a 20g filter, 4 tetras, an adf, and two guppies. The water has been alright nothing out of the usual..

Id also be sure theres hiding spots for the cory as that helps reduce stress for these guys. I just found out last week that i had 20 of them in my 25 gal when i transffered them over to my 55 gallon and its toooo much!!! They actually murdered one of my stressed out angels by ramming him constantly until he went down to the bottom for good. ??? im getting rid of all of them soon.

Id also grab some stress coat by seachem since youre using seachem products, helps the fish in general overall health

Id also grab some stress coat by seachem since youre using seachem products, helps the fish in general overall health

I have some and I have tons and tons of hiding spots especially for a ten gallon tank. how often do you recommend putting the stress coating in?

I would stick to the directions 1 capful daily until stress seems to go away, i would just keep doing what you have been doing just try less percentage water changes first like i said earlier and see if that helps. They are extremely hardy fish and can pretty much thrive in any kind of water conditions they do like warm water 74-80, everytime i did a 50% water change a month only time the tank experiences a tempreture drop, they start laying eggs all over, usually how to trigger breeding as well

I would stick to the directions 1 capful daily until stress seems to go away, i would just keep doing what you have been doing just try less percentage water changes first like i said earlier and see if that helps. They are extremely hardy fish and can pretty much thrive in any kind of water conditions they do like warm water 74-80, everytime i did a 50% water change a month only time the tank experiences a tempreture drop, they start laying eggs all over, usually how to trigger breeding as well

Sounds good thanks so much!

Anytime, rememer this----- my advice is not professional advice, its based off of personal experiences ------

I have a 45 gal and 2 albino Cory and 2 Cory along with mollies, tetras and guppies. The albino like to rest on the bottom a lot so do not worry. I do have plenty of plants for them to hide and a cave. Ps I only change 25% every other week and my tank is very clean. Fish are happy.

Back
Top Bottom