Albino Tiger Oscar laying on side?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lewisc12

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 4-5" albino tiger Oscar has been laying on his side for long periods of time. The water parameters are good. He is alone in a 75 gallon. He occasionally does a few laps and will come out to eat. Should I be concerned with how often he is laying down?

Oscars can be moody have you changed "anything" lately ?

I did remove a plant yesterday. First time I changed the tank since I got him. Had no idea it would upset him so much. But it seems you may be right because as the day goes on he's been more active. Thanks!

Yeah they lay on their side when they are depressed so if you moved something in the tank that's why

I have a 1-1/2 inch oscar in a 20 gal. I do plan on upgrading in the near future. He's been sulking since I bought him 24 hours ago is this normal?

I have a 1-1/2 inch oscar in a 20 gal. I do plan on upgrading in the near future. He's been sulking since I bought him 24 hours ago is this normal?

Yeah that's completely normal. Mine was that way for a few days. Now he comes to the top to see me whenever I am near the tank. Be patient because its definitely worth it. A 20 gallon won't last you long. They grow about an inch a month

What are the ideal water conditions, PH, temp etc

Also what is the best food for them? Feeder fish? Cichlid pellets?

Ph just keep consistent, temp 73 to 78 ish and nls cichlid pellets, feeders can be fatty for them, also higher risk of introducing sickness to the tank, not worth it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom