Algae clean up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jfilk

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi so I'm looking for some info on good algae cleaning fish/shrimp. Anyone have any good suggestions? Or info on any good cleaners?

Depending on size of your tank you could have a few oto cats, a smaller pleco, snails. The Otos are good because they don't put a heavy load on the bio in your filter system there cheap Pleco after awhile will tend to rely more on food supplements instead of algae so I'd lean more towards the Otos and snail combo or just Otos

Otos huh? I've had a few before but they all died awhile later... I was thinking about getting cherry shrimp to do the cleaning for my tank... Would try be good?

Dont much about shrimp except cocktail hopefully someone else will chime in on the shrimp

Alright thanks though for the tip on Otos

The shrimp will do a good job on cleaning the tank bottom but not really as far as algae....oto's are very very good at cleaning algae although they are very fragile it seems...mine do a great job on the algae!!

My RCS just eat all the debris that falls to the bottom

Ohhh ok well sounds like I could use both, so RCS are basically Cories? And maybe ill try using both for my tank

Back
Top Bottom