algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

Hi,

I have hair grass algae and my cherry shrimp are too small to make much of an impact. I was looking at otocinclus catfish or any other algae eating bottom feeding fish not too big. Bristle nose plecos will be too big as I like to at least buy pairs of fish (I don't like to have one species of fish on its own) I know there are other species of shrimp but I prefer the Pleco and otocinclus type that clean the glass.
Does anyone have experience here?

Cheers

What size tank do you have? Bristle Nose plecos only grows to be able 4-5 inches but their bioload does not match their body size.

You can always look into Apple Snails (mystery snails).

Is this your 15 gallon tank? If so, there is no pleco that would be suitable for this tank.

I agree with mumma. Figure out the issue and treat it. Don't get another species to try to fix it for you. That's the equivalent of putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

Its a 60 liter tank which equites to about nearly 16 gallons i think and its hair algae. I have lots of plants like java fern and Java moss with a led light running 7 hours a day Its not a big issue its just seems to be accumulating in one small area where Java moss was growing.

Back
Top Bottom