Algae Fighting Products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I am fighting a major algae bloom that I'm having trouble keeping under control. Does anyone have an algae fighting product experience - good or bad? Any particular product you would recommend?

Thanks!!

First and foremost what size tank what's your lighting schedule what type of lights and what's your feeding schedule

Hi All,

I am fighting a major algae bloom that I'm having trouble keeping under control. Does anyone have an algae fighting product experience - good or bad? Any particular product you would recommend?

Thanks!!

I hate having to put medications in my tank, so I wouldn't feel comfortable adding chemicals to kill algae.
Leave lights on for less time, replace old tubes (old tubes don't benefit plants as much as they benefit algae), review maintenance/pwc routine, you could add either snails or shrimp depending on the type of algae, feed less until the bloom is under control. Those are the only pointers that are coming to mind atm. I like algae so long as its not black beard algae or free floating in the water column. (I have sae for the former and uv sterilisers for the latter)

Back
Top Bottom