algae in 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetrin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i am facing an algae outbreak in my 10g planted tank for about a month now...from appearance i have identified it as black beard algae...long dark and tough strands on the edges of slow growing plants...
the tank houses 7 neon tertas, 4 ottos, 2 albio cories and a flag fish...i know it's a bit over-stocked but i do weekly 25-30% water changes and sometimes, twice a week...feeding is sparse, every other day...

plants are - cabomba caroliniana, anachris, red ludwigia, some sort of cryptocorynes (unaffected group)
java fern (windelov), anubias coffeefolia, dwarf saggitaria and a clump of dwarf hairgrass (badly affected group)

i dose weekly with the suggested dose of flourish potassium and flourish...and daily with flourish excel...
lighting is 30W (20W+10W)...the 20W is a CF screw-in daylight lamp..the other one is probably wothless (cool light)...
i can't supply the water params because my 55g has made a huge hole in my pocket recently....but i do know the ph is around 7.4...

also, i have yelloish holes in the anubia holes...

any suggestion on the tank is welcome...

I would also be interested in the answer to that question. I have tons of black algae on some drift wood.

Back
Top Bottom