algae please help !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplyangels

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gal tank with Aquatap 500 canister filter for a 175 gal tank it also has a sponge filter . my lights are marine land double bright LED white 1 wat blue 60mw
my perimeters are

nitrate between 0-20
nitrite 0inity
hardness around 120
alkalinity between 80-120
ph. 6.4
temp. at 85
I have 10 young discus and a bristle nose and its heavily planted .
I began dosing seachem flourish after water change which is once weekly at about 70 percent and flourish exel every other day when I noticed the algae growing on moss and the edges of the leaves of the other plants so I stoped using it all together I've done several water changes since then and cleaned the algae with a tooth brush as good as I could and it comes back faster than before .
I have mostly low light plants like Anubis, java fern , amazon sward ,tropical sword, ainker moss, anacharis , red flame sword and a couple more I forgot the names !! if anyone has any advice please share .. Thanks :facepalm:

Attachments

• DSCF1809.jpg
    DSCF1809.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF1812.jpg
    DSCF1812.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1813.jpg
    DSCF1813.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 59
lights are on anywhere to 8 or 9 hours per day and it feels kind of rough not like slimy :confused:

Last edited:
I didn't smell it lol.. I cleaned the tank and removed what I could I had to remove some of the moss it was growing on . those pics. I have posted it grows like that in one weeks time.

I suspect that its a type of cladophora. It tends to have kind of a smell that goes along with it, although honestly I need smelled it when I had it. Google up some picture and let me know if that looks similar, and we can go from there.

ok I goggled It and from the picks I saw I don't think that's it. it has more of a slimy look to it . I think maybe hair algae theirs also diatoms in the tank .

Back
Top Bottom