Algae problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOACHY

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I've got 65 gal community tank that's had no problems I got both bottom plants and floating plants planted reasonably heavily I've had a few days off so I've left he lights on more than I should have and I've probably been over feeding them , what's the point in having fish I your not going to enjoy them , I know seem to have an algae problem can some one I.d and give me the best possible solution I have bottom dwellers and loaches but I also have 6 gourami in the tank aswel as other fish they all get on fine but in just stating starving the bottom dwellers to eat it is not an option ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404772652.327910.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404772682.256595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like diatoms to me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Could be diatoms. Did you do a much larger then normal water change or clean out filter media??

On another note that is one fat neon!

Yea I done a very large water change few days ago ?? And there cardinals not neons they've always been rather chunky there almost 2 years old ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404778900.400887.jpg

May main concern is are they a problem and will they affect the chemistry of the tank , I'm not to concerned about the aesthetic look it's more the fish and the plants

I would say it's diatoms then and should blow over as quickly as it started

Back
Top Bottom