Algae question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

officer629

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I'm new to the hobby and still learning. This forum has helped me alot already without having to ask any questions and I'm very grateful, but I finally have some questions...
I'm pretty sure this is algae but what kind? I've never seen this one before. Any recommendations? I have Cory cats, which I don't think will touch it and some snails and ghost shrimp that don't touch it as well. Is this a type I should remove or would an algae eater would eat? What algae eaters you would recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. IMG_20170421_120404917.jpgIMG_20170421_120416044.jpg

Hard to tell, but it almost looks like a type of fungus growing on some uneaten food. Is it on anything other than the substrate?

No I have nothing else anywhere. Just this two spots in the pics. It could be uneaten food, that makes sense.

Well whatever it was, when I went to my tank, my albino dojo loach was eating it.

Back
Top Bottom