Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hils

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 50L tank with 6 or so surviving 5 week old gourami fry in it.
It's getting pretty green, the stones are covered and so are the plants.
My question is, if I were to put a couple of bristle nosed cat fish in to clean it up, will they eat the fry?
If I just leave the algae growing, will it harm the fry?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Most likley, the fry will eat some of the algea, not harm them. I no expirence on gourami's
but theymight snack on it.

I would recommend getting a 2" algae eater... if it is 50 gall witch it think you are trying to say get 2 or 3.

Your plants and algae are in constant battle and the algae will kill your plants so I recommend getting it under control.

If the tank is really small then get a couple snails... you could buy them at your local fish store or from your local stream.

What kind of lighting are you using and how long are they on? Reducing the light duration might resolve the algae issue.

The lights are on for probably too long. 7am- 9/10pm. It's 50L which is around 15-18 gallons.
Ill try turning the lights off a bit more and grab an algae eater.
Thanks

The lights are on for probably too long. 7am- 9/10pm. It's 50L which is around 15-18 gallons.
Ill try turning the lights off a bit more and grab an algae eater.
Thanks

Do yourself a favor and pickup a timer instead. Set it for 6 hours. You should see a reduction in algae.

The algae won't harm the fry, but it could kill the plants

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Back
Top Bottom