Algea part two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reedw20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I got home from school with unbearable algea I could barley see through the glass, and I cleaned it and have not spotted my fish, the wave maker was blowing many bristleworms all over the place, like a hurricane, I got a lawnmower Blenny on my way home from school today and cake yoke to the tank, I think my corals dying and I can’t find my fish, what went wrong within 2 days!!!

You need to stop adding new livestock into this tank.
There is a nutrient problem going on, which I pointed out in your last post.
You don't currently have algae in the tank, cyanobacteria is a bacteria that thrives in low flow areas in high nutrient water.
You will need to increase the flow in the system along with doing large water changes with ro/di water to begin to address this. This will also going along with not adding additional livestock, as nothing will eat it anyway.
If your fish are missing, they most likely have succumb to the parameter issues and are now decomposing...adding to further nutrient issues.

Unfortunately all my fish and coral died, and I’m honestly devastated, I took out all the live rock because it was covered harshly in hundreds of worms and I found my fishes body’s. I think I’m gonna be done with coral, I may buy a trigger fish and start a predatory tank... anyway, what are some steps I can take to make my tank better, I turned off my wave maker, and I added it 2 weeks ago and it seemed that my tank just went down hill from then, I had 3 fish living happily for about a year and a half all until today

Bristle worms and algea is what the rocks were covered in

The bristle worms and cyanobacteria are telling you exactly what is going on in the tank. There is tons of material in the tank decomposing. Lots for the worms to eat will give you bigger and more numerous bristle worms. Nutrients in the low flow will give you cyanobacteria that will overwhelm the tank and smother corals.
Switching over to a Fowlr system isn't going to change the simple fundamentals here. You have a water quality issue. Nothing more, nothing less. You need to use ro/di water with large water changes to address this. You'll need to be testing your water to see what is going on with an API master test kit. You need to watch your nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom