Alkalinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bulldog39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I switched to brs 2 part a week ago. I took my readings and used the calculator and got my levels right. By right I mean calcium at 420 Alkalinity at 9 and magnesium at 1420. Since then every 2 days I test and the only thing that changes is my alkalinity it drops to 7 every other day but nothing else does. I've used an api test and salifert test same result. Even did a 30 gallon water change still same. Any clue wtf???

do you have a closed top or open top it's about air/gas exchange this will affect alk
you'll also notice a difference once you start opening windows during the summer
don't worry your not nuts

if your tank can breath you will see better results

Last edited:
Open top and I run my skimmer airline out my stand to breath better. But will a airstone help maybe?

I had a tank that ate DKH ..I ended being convinced it was the rock I had as my other tank with different rock did not even compare monthly to the ones weekly consumption.
It stayed consistent for years .I started moving my target up to 11 so the drop would not be so low if I missed mid week.

Are you getting lots of coraline? My tank devours kalk and while I do have a fair amount of sps I have a ton of coraline.

Hmm and I believe your tanks fairly new right? 125? Is your alk dropping from 7 after another 2 days?

Tank is 5 months and is a 180. Yeah every 2 days it drops from 9 to 7

Back
Top Bottom