All my coral is Dieingg!! helpp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guys i found out what it is its not the iodine its the temp what can i do to take immediate!!!!! action besides buying a chiller that will take long to get here my tank is kinda big the guy at the lfs said 600 for one and he has to order it

What is the temp? Do you have a sump? If so you can freeze water bottles or put ziplock baggies of ice and put them in there to lower the temp.

Yeah temp should be around 76-78 if you want to keep corals. 86 is really too High I would get a fan on it fast or turn down your heater a bit until your tank adjust... What else is running in your system besides that heater you have any Pumps? Also what type of heater is it?

i put a fan im running a few pumps one for the uv sterilizer the other just to move the water around i am bugging baggies as i type and heater has been unplugged for a long time so no heater is being used tomorrow will go out and get the long water bottles and freeze them and put them in the tank my apartment is way to hot so that is why my tank is in these conditions

place a PH pointing at the floating bottles to equalize the temp as much as you can. You won't get an accurate reading otherwise.

Temp can be 79/80 for corals. You want a stable temp (2 degeree range max). Is the fan blowing across the top helpign at all? I take it no AC in the apt. A chiller will be your only option for the summer, unless you get a room AC.

BTW, it's a probably a combination of things that are causing your problems. Iodine dosing, detectable Ammonia, and high temps.

Back
Top Bottom