All of my fish died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Readysetcali said:
Try 25/50% changes every other day till its gone.

Thank you I am getting some "terra" brand(one of my faveorites) algae killer if it does not work I will try this thank you :)

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Thank you I am getting some "terra" brand(one of my faveorites) algae killer if it does not work I will try this thank you :)

I don't recommend too many chemicals. They aren't natural and They might not hurt your fish right then but after you've used them more they could shorten your fishes life span. Same with medications. Because if you don't treat the right thing it could be harmful to your fish. I like the natural ways like water changes (I don't even use conditioner I use natural spring water) and using aquarium salt and heat to medicate. It's also a lot less expensive. IMO.

BGA is not an algae. Algae killer will not work. It's a bacteria. Do you have live plants? What's your nitrate readings like? Can you increase the flow from your filter? Erythromycin works to kill BGA apparently but it could kill the BB in your filter. Adding chemicals to a rank as a quick fix usually ends in disaster.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/cyanobacteria-197272.html
This will give you some answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom