All pond solutions 2000ef plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave9365

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone own one of these units? Had mine running for a couple of days and it runs with a dull humming noise which gets louder every 30 seconds or so for a bout a minute and then goes back to a dull hum?!
I have tried tilting the filter back and fourth to get rid of any air but still happening?!
Any ideas?

Does anyone own one of these units? Had mine running for a couple of days and it runs with a dull humming noise which gets louder every 30 seconds or so for a bout a minute and then goes back to a dull hum?!
I have tried tilting the filter back and fourth to get rid of any air but still happening?!
Any ideas?
Hey Dave. Some filters take a few weeks to 'break in'. Have you tried greasing the impella??

No I haven't. What do you 'grease' it with?
Just a bit of Vaseline will do the job. I have the all ponds solutions HOB filter and they are a bit noisy until they break in. I used Vaseline and it does help. It might not completely remove the noise but certainly should dull it. Bear with it and in a few weeks, it will get better..... Just be very careful removing/replacing the impella, I bent mine on the HOB and it sound like a bag

Works absolutely fine now. Just needed breaking in I guess. Works perfect on my 250l

I use the spray bar pointed at the surface for agitation. Seems to be fine

I have a 55g bow front. Starting a cichlid tank so I need a better filter. In my live bearer tank I have a fluvial 205 and a APS internal 800.

Both work great but will not be good enough with 20cichlids in Haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom