allergy to live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok i'm going nuts I have never had allergies in my life (i'm 28) but just recently i am having a some serious allergy to something, just a couple days now . so i sat and tried to figure what could be causing this.

so this is what i can up with it has to be the rock!? there is nothing else new in my house. it works out to be that i got my rock fri 13 and tues 17
so i am wondering if we should just say i'm crazy or has anyone else gone through something similar

hard to say really... what symptoms are you having that makes you feel you're having an alergic reaction?

runny nose , sneezing, itchy eyes, nose, throat and pain above my eyes
my man has allergies and he says that i most likely have an allergy to something so the rock is the only thing i think of
this is horrible

Sounds like a sinus infection. Allergies are certainly possible, there are many things in LR, you might do well to wear a pair of shoulder length plastic gloves to work in the tank. You can pick them up at the LFS or one of the online vendors usually.

my fish store doesn't have them i did order them though
i'll tell ya what ever this is it better go away i hope it's just is coincidence that it started when i got the lr

My dad isn't allergic to anything. That is, until he started feeding his fish brine shimp. He said that he had the same exact symptoms as you do for a few months. Then his fish stopped getting the brine shrimp and all the problems went away. So after hearing that, I'd believe that there is a posibility that you could be allergic to something in the LR. Given the mass quantity of life forms though, it would be very difficult to figure out..

or is could just be a sinus infection.

Back
Top Bottom