Almost empty tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unicorn2tears

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently moved and had someone else take care of my tank while I was getting my new place ready. Unfortunately, that person forgot to do so and didn't tell me until all my fish except one died (needless to say, I was real unhappy). That was a month ago and I finally seem to have the tank stable.

It's a 29 gal tank with one plant and an 8" black ghost knife that I've had for 2 1/2 years now. Yes, yes, eventually I will upgrade. For now, I'd just like to add a few tank mates that either I can keep in the 29 when I move the ghost or, ideally, I can move with the ghost and that grow at the same rate he does. I had angels before and don't want them again.

What happened to the fish? Were they not fed or didn't get water changes for awhile or what?
How soon are you planning on upgrading?

im surprised the BGK made it, but then again, they get less fragile as they age.

really you shouldnt get too much, as the BGK is going to want room, as well as needs room

I agree. Its a good idea to leave the BGK by him/herself until you can get a bigger tank. At 8 inches, its best to go ahead and upgrade. It may already be stunted though. I'd go ahead and save up for the bigger tank...then you can start fresh with the 29g. Most fish that are appropriate for a 29g would be too small and the BGK would eat them. Larger fish would eventually outgrow the tank as well. Save your money for a big enough tank before the BGK is stunted more.

My BGK is 6-7 inches, and he does fine with all his tankmates (see my info). Maybe a small school of tetras of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom