Almost Ready...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diablos

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I've got almost everything ordered. I'm here to go over it once last time to make sure I got everything I need for this new tank.

All Glass 75G Tank, Stand, & Glass Cover for the tank.

Eheim Pro II 2128 Canister Filter (comes with heater)

New 48" Coralife 4 x 65 watt +3 lunar lights Fixture (Saltwater setup w/Actinic Blue lights) - Decided against all the light the freshwater setup gives, plus love the color the blue lights and moon lights.

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit

Ammonia (4 fishless cycle), Alumium Sulfate (for plants)

Some drift wood... fish food, and gravel.

===============================================

I still need to get some low light plants, that have good root structure and can be archored. I believe someone suggested amazon swords and java ferns.

Was curious if I should add hob filter for some aggiatation of the water surface, and if I should get power heads for more water movement.

AND is there anything else that I am going to need. Tank will be here by the end of the weekend.

A powerhead, angled a little bit upward, should take care of your water agitation for the surface. Combined with the outlet of your filter, you should be great as far as removing dead spots in the tank.

Get a tank background or spraypaint the back of the tank before you set up the tank. I have nothing on my tank and now that it's set up, my only choice is to try to slide a background between the wall and the tank and get it set up that way.

Diablos said:
What brand of power is best?

I really like the AquaClear brand. This one would be perfect. The 201 model would probably also be fine but this one gives you a little more force if you need it. (they are all adjustable so you can change the flow):

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp19862/si1378644/cl0/aquaclearpowerhead301

I have no idea what the aluminum sulfate is for?

Is all of your 4X65w lights actinics? If so swords will probably not be a good choice as they require moderate USABLE light. Actinic really isn't usable by the plant. I would recommend 2 of the 4 lights being between 6000k-10000k. Or you could get all 4 in the 50/50 variety (these are both actinic and usable light, but only 1/2 the light is really usuable. Either way will give you ~2wpg which should be good enough to grow a wide variety of plants. I would go with the first suggestion because it gives you the ability to easily increase your light at a later time if you want to play in the higher light levels (with all the associative problems :wink: )

Right on I picked up a air pump, powerheads, and a couple air stones as well. All bases will be covered...getting excited... !

Argh, kk almost got all the stuff still waiting on filter medium. Got to pick up the rest of the gravel - LFS was out of the stuff I wanted. BigAl's miss shipped and didnt send me 2 powerheads - only one. Got to get suction cups for driftwood (floating bastard!) and I should be good. Will post pics when its all done :)

==========
EDIT
==========

Oh yeah btw those eheim powerheads do have a powered pump, and they are fricken huge picture is very mis-leading.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom