Alternanthera reineckii not very red.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That usually helps. What really works well is floating plants like small water lettuce, red rooters, duckweed (which I don't recommend because it is so messy) along with many others. Their root systems just suck nitrates right up.

The only thing I have is tons of water sprite from my breeding tanks so I just threw it in there and we will see how it works. I also had to cut my lighting down from a finnex ray 2 and dual t5HO to the ray 2 and a t5no with 2 aquaflora bulbs because bba is starting again in my tank . Very high light is a bit more tricky :-(.

My 220g is very high light and it has to be balanced with either enough liquid carbon or CO2 and ferts to keep that algae monster at bay. I can also only run my metal halides and Build My Own LED lights for 6 hours. You have to find that perfect balance and when you do you'll have no algae and be able to run all your lights. Just tossing some in to float will work fine. I've done that before.

My 220g is very high light and it has to be balanced with either enough liquid carbon or CO2 and ferts to keep that algae monster at bay. I can also only run my metal halides and Build My Own LED lights for 6 hours. You have to find that perfect balance and when you do you'll have no algae and be able to run all your lights. Just tossing some in to float will work fine. I've done that before.

Would it work if I supplemented glut with pressurized co2? I have paintball co2 with my 75 gallon which sounds silly but I didn't have much of a choice because even a 5 lbs co2 tank won't fit under my cabinet and I have small children running around so I wanted to be able to lock it away from reach. When I run pressurized only with the dual t5ho and the ray 2 a 20 oz bottle lasts 1 weeks running 7 hours a day,but maybe if I toned the pressurized down and supplemented 10-20ml glut it would keep bba at bay?ill be getting a lux meter that was converted to read par on Saturday so ill know what I'm looking at light wise with the ray2 and NO fixture vs ray 2 with HO fixture.

I use liquid carbon in my tank with CO2. If you order Metricide 14 Day Solution on line you can get a gallon for $20, shipping $7ish, mix it with 1 gallon of RO or distilled water at a 1:1 ratio and get 2 gallons for $27 which is really cheap compared to name brands like Excel. In a tank that has high light you will need to start with a dosing of 1ml of Glut to every 10 gallons of tank water for 2 weeks. Then up your dose to 1ml per 2 gallons of tank water. I have extremely high light with 3 150w HID metal halides, 4 34w T5HO's, and 1 very high intensity LED over my 220g. I have to use 9 ounces of Glut daily as I'm still trying to get my CO2 adjusted. I am hoping to eventually go down to 3 ounces daily in this tank. But I have run this high of a dosage for almost 2 years now safely. I also need to say that this tank is 100% planted with mostly fast growing stem plants also.

I use liquid carbon in my tank with CO2. If you order Metricide 14 Day Solution on line you can get a gallon for $20, shipping $7ish, mix it with 1 gallon of RO or distilled water at a 1:1 ratio and get 2 gallons for $27 which is really cheap compared to name brands like Excel. In a tank that has high light you will need to start with a dosing of 1ml of Glut to every 10 gallons of tank water for 2 weeks. Then up your dose to 1ml per 2 gallons of tank water. I have extremely high light with 3 150w HID metal halides, 4 34w T5HO's, and 1 very high intensity LED over my 220g. I have to use 9 ounces of Glut daily as I'm still trying to get my CO2 adjusted. I am hoping to eventually go down to 3 ounces daily in this tank. But I have run this high of a dosage for almost 2 years now safely. I also need to say that this tank is 100% planted with mostly fast growing stem plants also.

I already bought metricide 14 and its mixed 1:1. Ill start dosing 8 ml daily and work my way up from there.

Nitrates are 10-15 ppm and holding phosphate are 2 ppm

Back
Top Bottom