Alternative co2 supply?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlira

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you think using seltzer water (the one you make with soda stream) is a useful co2 alternative? If you think about it, the co2 is already diffused into the water....

It's too short lived to be a good method of adding CO2. You need to have a supply of carbon available long-term (eg glut) or CO2 constantly injected (eg DIY CO2 or pressurized) to be effective. This is also why those CO2 tablets are scams.

I'm not talking about a tablet, a soda stream is a mechanism which carbonates water with pressure and fuses co2 from a canister to the water. What if I syphon/ drip the co2 water, would it work??

I'm not talking about a tablet, a soda stream is a mechanism which carbonates water with pressure and fuses co2 from a canister to the water. What if I syphon/ drip the co2 water, would it work??

It will lose most of the co2 while dripping into the water. in other words it will be gone before the plants are able to use it.

and I knew you were thinking about sulzer water

It will lose most of the co2 while dripping into the water. in other words it will be gone before the plants are able to use it. and I knew you were thinking about sulzer water
Nick it´s SELTZER water

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom