am i supposed to do something??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hanberry19

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, yeaterday i went to petsmart for there labor day weekend sale..bought 6 guppies( 3 males, 3 females) and 3 black kuhli loaches...did all the acclimation stuff..well, my gf and i were just sitting there looking at the fish and i told her one of the females looks pregnant...well, this morning i find about 50 of these tiny, barely can see with you eye fish swimming around two pots i have in my tank and the female looked skinny like the rest of the fish...i am on 24 hour guard at work so i came home for dinner and found the lil fish still swimming but the suspected mom was dead....what am i supposed to do? Are these babies she had that quick or is it something else? Why did she die? All my other fish are fine...

Stress from birth or complications. Save as many babies as possible and keep six females from the batch, but no more. That way you'll get your proper male female ratio for free. Otherwise the gals will be so stressed by males they will die.

emerald76 said:
Stress from birth or complications. Save as many babies as possible and keep six females from the batch, but no more. That way you'll get your proper male female ratio for free. Otherwise the gals will be so stressed by males they will die.

Whats the proper male to female ratio?

Hanberry19 said:
Whats the proper male to female ratio?

1M:2F or 1M:3F
This ratio ensures the males don't stress the females and possibly kill them

Back
Top Bottom