am I underfeeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RevLine

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I just witnessed my betta gobble up my 1nch ghost shrimp. They lived together for a couple of weeks and always ignored each other. When I peeked at my tank this morning my betta was looking up at me guarding what I first thought was a molted shrimp shell in a dark corner of my tank. When I left to get food and came back he had the whole thing in his mouth, only the tail visible. Sneaky little... guy!

I feed him 2 pellets in the morning and 2 in the evening. Every once in a while I replace one feeding with flakes or a small shower of hikari daphnia. No food Sundays. Am I underfeeding him to go after my ghost shrimp like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think you're underfeeding. I feed my betta about every other day or so. It's in their nature to hunt other things. I know of some people who can keep shrimp with their betta fish and others who can't. All depends on the betta really.

I've never kept anything else with mine but I'm sure he would look at a shrimp as a tasty snack.

Back
Top Bottom