Amazon River Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musicman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am setting up a 10 gal planted tank as a future home for about a dozen Neon Tetras. I have Fluorite (Black) as a substrate and will be using a DIY CO2 system, I plan to have about 3 wpg fluorescent lighting.

I'm not necessarily aiming to create a biotope, but I would like to draw from the plants that Neon Tetras would find in the wild. I don't know what plants to use.

What amazon aquatic plants do I have to choose from?
Which plants would you choose?

It can be trickier to pick plants for a 10g because its not very tall or large, but its not impossible.

I think Echinodorus tenellus (grassy) would make a good foreground, Echinodorus parviflorus tropica (small sword plant) is a good midground plant as is Hydrocotyle leucocephala. Cabomba caroliniana would work for the background as would Anacharis, Ludwigia palustris, Bacopa australis, and Potamogeton gayi to name a few. Those would work with your lighting and in a 10g. Stems grow as tall as you'll let them, so they fit anywhere. You might just have to trim more often in a 10g. :)

Back
Top Bottom