Amazon sword plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirtautoguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a amazon sword plant that I moved the other day. The roots were good and it was in pretty good but I moved it anyway. Now the problem it it keeps coming up rooted but only when I turn the light off. I have left the light on for a couple nights now and it has not come out and none of the fish bother it. Does anyone know why?

When replanting a Sword it helps to cut the roots down to about 3" long before replanting. This will encourage new roots to grow. If it had a big root system and is a big plant you could get the roots replanted in a way to keep the plant anchored. Leaving lights on for 3 days is not a good idea and you really need to turn them off. If need be find 2 or 3 rocks that are big enough to butt up against the sword to hold it in place for a few weeks until it can root properly.

I agree with rivercats. I've had to place some stones around some plants here and there until the root system attached itself.

I tried the rock last night and turned the light off and it stayed there this time thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom