American flagfish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierflie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank holds two barbs (not fully grown), two adult platies, and several platy babies, and a bottom feeder. I was doing some research and found out my fish are miserable. They don't have the population for a school, and my tank is too small to get the adequate number of them. So naturally, I'm going to put them up for adoption at my local aquarium store. My next thing is restocking the tank.
The fish site that I'm going to buy off of said that killifish only need ten gallons for a school. Correct? (I have a ten gallon tank) I then looked up American flagfish, the website said that they too only need ten gallons. Since killifish like to swim at the top and American Flagfish stay at the bottom they would be a good match, right? Well my question is how many American Flagfish do you need for a school? Is my tank too small for the two schools?
Thanks!

Fierflie said:
My tank holds two barbs (not fully grown), two adult platies, and several platy babies, and a bottom feeder. I was doing some research and found out my fish are miserable. They don't have the population for a school, and my tank is too small to get the adequate number of them. So naturally, I'm going to put them up for adoption at my local aquarium store. My next thing is restocking the tank.
The fish site that I'm going to buy off of said that killifish only need ten gallons for a school. Correct? (I have a ten gallon tank) I then looked up American flagfish, the website said that they too only need ten gallons. Since killifish like to swim at the top and American Flagfish stay at the bottom they would be a good match, right? Well my question is how many American Flagfish do you need for a school? Is my tank too small for the two schools?
Thanks!

Woops, I mention rasboras, not killifish. (American flagfish are killifish, duh)

maxwellag said:
Do you know what kind of pleco it is? Can you post a picture

I can't get a picture and I don't know. But I'm pretty sure they get really big, this is just a temporary home. (I'm holding him for a friend)

Back
Top Bottom