American flagfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
I really like theese guys? Could they go in a 29 gallon with
1 pearl gourami
1 apisto agazi blue
1 German blue ram
10 neon tetras
6 rumynose
4 Cory's
???
If be ok if I had to cut down to 6 neons for 1 of them or do no rumy nose if they need 3. But what are your thoughts? I think theese guys are so cool!

My experience was they were pretty aggressive and they stressed my peaceful community fish in a 45gallon tank with plenty of hiding spaces. I had to rehome them.

Yup. They're purty aggressive, especially males. Ya might get away with that stock and a coupla flagfish in a larger tank, but in a 29 I wouldn't do it. The ram, the apisto and the neons would all be targets, as they all occupy the same general region as the flagfish do. The rummynoses may be active enough to avoid 'em.

In addition, the flagfish will actually do better and show better colors in slightly brackish conditions, which none of yer other fish will enjoy.

WYite

They would be great in a tank on their own, or with a pleco and maybe some small, fast schooling fish. But they mercilessly harassed my slower-moving, peaceful fish. They stressed my swordtails to death.

Back
Top Bottom